Thursday, December 17, 2009

That Dang Little Muhammad!!!!

My little host brother Muhammad came very close to getting a spanking the other day.

He was sitting at the breakfast table whining for no reason, and his dad told him to come which he didn't do. He just sat there crying like the little baby he is.

All of a sudden dad gets up but mom rushes in and grabs baby, saves him from a spanking. Dad had a belt in his hand ready.

I just sat at the table laughing. Then he looked at me and says, "this is not in America." I just smiled and said we got beat growing up too. We got beat probably more than they do here. In my house the belt didn't come out for no reason. If my daddy took his belt off he was going to use it on one of us...maybe both. That was the way it was.

If that had been me my dad or mom would've said, I'll give you something to cry about, and that would've been it. The thing about it is I have never seen a little boy in Africa or America, that needs to get beat as badly as Muhammad needs to get beat. That little boy needs to get his butt whooped like...every 2 hours. That'll show him. He hits, he spits, he yells, he throws things, he tried to pull my pants down on the school bus he's so bad. And he'll do something, laugh and walk away, and he gets away with it every time. Talk about things that are unfair.

He came in my room one morning and spat on my sheets but do you think he got in trouble OF COURSE NOT. Now it's getting cold and I have no sheets. Maybe it's because he's the baby, maybe it's because he's the only boy I don't know. But I'll tell you this, I'm glad mama is pregnant and I hope she has a boy. Then maybe Mohammad will finally be able to calm down and act normal...or maybe not.

(it's always better when he's sleeping)


2 comments:

  1. you should beat him in his sleep! or when the parents are gone! are you living in dakar? i think the 2nd week of janaury i want to visit and do the tourist thing but i dont want to do it alone :( . Would you like to hang out? let me know!

    thisphoto11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lmbo! Charms, That's hilarious! I'm mean, I would have just done some hateful stuff and tripped him while no one was looking. lol

    ReplyDelete