Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Closed Door and a Good Fan Are Your Friends--Tank Tops Are Not


There are alot of mosquitos here. I mean I knew there would be mosquitos but dang! Last night they completely devoured and ate me alive. The doctor told me the best defense is to wear long sleeves in the evening but did I listen? Of course not it's insanely hot. I wore a wife beater and pajama bottoms to bed and about halfway through the night I woke up and had the sense to pull the covers over me but the damage was already done. I am covered from head to toe in mosquito bites. I scratch about every two seconds and I think I probably look like a crackhead in need of a hit scratching my neck, rubbing my arm and my legs. Masake looked at my arm and said I'm glad you're on malaria pills! I'm sure she was joking.

Senegal is in the midst of Ramadan which I will be sure to write about soon but first I must scratch an itch.

3 comments:

  1. lmao. You poor thing! Damn those mosquitos

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww I hope you at least have some cortizone?

    ReplyDelete
  3. that was my first thought I hope she is on some type of malaria prevention medicine because you will not be surviving like that with what you want to wear...i bet you wear your long sleeves and things now in the evening huh

    ReplyDelete